12.12.09

Smoke detecting birthday radio





I'll admit it, this is a bit of a recycled project of mine.  I wanted to have a radio that would become your traditional birthday radio- birthdays being days filled with a lot of traditions.  The first version of this concept was for a project sponsored by Microsoft and I wasn't really happy with my results.  THIS version though, I think works a little better.

The radio is placed behind a cake, when the candles are blown out a smoke detector inside the radio tunes it to a local station- hopefully playing a meaningful song (or one that will be meaningful someday).  It could be pretty fun remembering what songs were played over the years...

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty catchy idea, I think a lot of people would buy into it.

    ReplyDelete