18.1.10

Cheese wars: Pecorino


My favorite cheese has always been sharp Wisconsin cheddar.  It still has a special place in my heart as the cheese I grew up with, but now there's a new cheese in my life.  How can I start?  When I first tried Pecorino it made me happy, and I liked it, but I knew that it would never be my favorite.  After a while though I started trying different Pecorino cheeses, and noticed that the ones that are aged have a flavor that I just go crazy for.  The cheese in these pictures is an aged Pecorino.  It's salty, dry, crumbly, one that makes you just want to close your eyes and savor it.  We tried it with some Belgian beer one night and let me tell you that was a great combination.  The flavor of this cheese is strong, the texture is fun, and it's great to snack on or have with beer/wine.  I suggest breaking pieces off by sticking a knife or wedge into the cheese and applying pressure rather than slicing all of the way through.  Have you ever felt better about humans/being a human after you ate something that obviously has a lot of love in it?  That's how I felt after eating this cheese.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love this cheese as well. Cheese changes lives.

    ReplyDelete